My Top 17 Images of 2017.

It’s that time of year again where I arbitrarily pick my favourite images.

I narrowed down the possibilities to 55 this year, and then forced myself to pick 17.

If previous experience is any indication, I will likely regret my choices at some point.

18 thoughts on “My Top 17 Images of 2017.

1. I agree with some of your choices. 😉

2. A. Hackauf says:

Thank you very much, Sir ! 🙂 …the first two are my favourites out of the 17, next is number 15- jm2c 🙂

3. Sebastian says:

very nice collection – I personally like the ladies at the coffee shop most, don’t know why.

4. Ashwin Rao says:

Fantastic collection of emotive, evocative images.

5. PhotoMatrix says:

All fantastic images Peter, thanks for sharing. Have you ever thought of doing a book/zine with your best photographs that people can buy?

• Hi, Kostas. Karen has been asking me the same thing for years which is very flattering. I just don’t feel like I would be up to doing it (my images are too personal for me to judge as “product”, despite my “Top Photos” lists each year), and I don’t believe there’s an interest in what I do. Not a significant one anyway.

If any editor out there wants to volunteer his/her services however… someone good enough to make my images appealing enough for others to buy, then I would donate 100% of the proceeds to charity.

6. karen says:

Wonderful images, as expected.

I just flipped through each month to remind myself of the images you have posted.

These 17? Just the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you so much for sharing your website. Your work is expert, heartful, wise, delighting, and inspiring. Your generousity? Unmatched.

Happy end of the year to you and your family. I hope you enjoy wonderful, peaceful holidays.

Take excellent care.

And thank you.

• Thank you Karen. Yes, I know, my 17 probably are the wrong 17 but I believe it’s important for me to go through the exercise of selecting something… anything.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

• karen says:

Nothing wrong. Just that there are others which are also superb.

Peter, no kidding. Your images, words, and sensibilities really inspire.

Merry Christmas. Happy New Year. Thank you so much.

7. greg g49 says:

Ditto what Karen said. Have a great, safe holiday season.

Another great year Peter! Interesting to notice less images than usual for f your family (seems that way without checking past years). Are you finding it is something that moves slightly further away the older they get (photographing your children)?

9. jkjod says:

All wonderful photos that I’m sure have wonderful memories tied to them. Happy Holidays!