The Glance.

(I was invisible to this man.)

Test Roll #1, Frame #3 of 10.

Overcast, late afternoon.

1/125 | f/4.

the-glance

Mamiya 7 + 80mm + Kodak Porta 400.

16 thoughts on “The Glance.

1. A.Hackauf says:

Nothing beats this Mamiya/film..wonderful!! Bravo, Peter..the effort is a lot, the result is breathtaking!

• I have to agree, nothing I’ve used comes close to this in terms of image quality. But you’re also correct about the effort… the world doesn’t make it easy to be using film in 2017 – hopefully film users will grow and the support will respond.

2. mewanchuk says:

Dang this looks great.

3. mahesh0g says:

So velvety 🙂 I’m going to rent hasselblad x1d and see how that works. Have also eyes on the new Fuji xfs 50 (i think that’s the right number).

4. Nice! Portra certainly has a signature look. Subtle, but real.

Very cinematic Peter. The perspective, the character and combined with MF film make this sing. Along with your skills to focus the RF accurately.

6. mikeyjive says:

Great photography! I also had to comment on the outstanding film/post processing… May I ask if they were done in a lab or at home?

7. Sam Choo says:

To be honest, i like your Mamiya 7 and 67 pictures more than your leicas. I think phase one should built a 67 RF digital.

It’s first day of Chinese New Year today, I hope you and your families healthy and happy and have a smooth Year of the Rooster!

(Long distance wishes)

• Thank you Sam! And Happy New Year to you and your family!

With regards to your comment, the Mamiya output is definitely on another level (I’m speaking strictly of image quality).

• Sam Choo says:

Even film is getting expensive lately, for those experienced with photography and techniques, film is not that costly. Definitely much more economical than medium format back (which all you can get is 645 size of frame)

One good photo a month is enough, no matter film or digital. (At least to me)

Happy shooting.