Feature rich.

I just set the date and time (on the camera), but somehow managed to take 200 images of a running dog catching a frisbee.  Yet my lens cap was still on!  All of these features…

12 thoughts on “Feature rich.

1. Oh! I know! You’re using an old 4Mpx digital compact with an optical finder. Am I right?

Technology has come a long way….but surely you read that in the reviews? 😂

3. greg g49 says:

My camera is so much more advanced: it can record those same 200 images not only with the lens cap on, but without the lens even being attached to the camera… but really, who would ever believe that the dog caught more than 188?

4. Dave Uhlig says:

A few weeks ago, I too switched all my sony gear for a Nikon outfit. I know our shooting styles may not be the same, I really enjoy good autofocus, but I have incredibly impressed with the Nikon. It just feels like the camera gets out of my way, and I am enjoying a viewfinder again. Fun times and I hope you find what you are looking for in the new acquisition.

5. Dave Uhlig says:

Hey Peter, thank you for looking at my work, I appreciate it. I use the 85mm 1.8 for all my portrait sessions on a D610. Very, very happy with how this has worked for me this fall.

Still tossing up options Peter and this is one on the radar. Question…if you can find it in the menu…do the current day DSLRs have a silent shutter mechanism?

• No silent shutter as such for the D810, but the D810 shutter is very quiet. It really transforms the experience of using the camera for me because not only is it a lot quieter, but vibrations are dampened.

However, a truly silent shutter is only to be found in the X100T and A7 series mirrorless cameras, etc.

• andygemmell says:

Yes was handling the a7rii yesterday at the dealer. Definately a silent shutter on that! Pitty about haptics! Didnt have enough time but was thinking surely with all those F1, F2s etc you could set it up and forget the menu!