Tousled.

Tousled

14 thoughts on “Tousled.

1. greg g49 says:

Instant reaction: “Oh My God!” This is completely, utterly extraordinary and wonderful.

2. Bo says:

Fabulous!!!!

3. Aivaras says:

This one is very good. I see some fresh vibes in look of sigma. It looks significantly different from M9 to me.

• Yes, totally different vibe. Some one sent me a message today, askig me whether I’m enjoying the DP3. I responded:

“Yes, I am enjoying it. It’s a niche product of course – in the way a scalpel is a niche product.”

4. mewanchuk says:

At the risk of “going it alone here” I am going to say that I quite like the rendering (and the Ice light/Sigma combo…) but find myself wishing that the hand in the foreground was missing.

-M.

• Interesting. For me, the out-of-focus hand in the foreground is a critical element in both a technical sense and a “general vibe” sense. In fact, I remember thinking “I hope she doesn’t move her hand!” when I was photographing her.

5. sanecinema says:

Extraordinary photograph.
    The price reduction on the Sigma Merrils has had me put a dp1 into my Amazon basket, but as I don’t feel I’ve fully explored the boundaries of my current camera for capturing landscapes, I’ve still resisted buying it (so far).
    With examples like this, that argument is becoming less valid.

6. Lucerne says:

I’m a few days behind in this Merrill experience. Encouraged by Peter’s revelations mine arrived and was unboxed on Friday and had its first outdoor test today. I’m very satisfied with the results for such a small outlay on the DP3M. I’m tempted by the DP1M on the same terms. However, it is a product range at the end of its life cycle and there is the possibility that future Sigma Merrell models won’t perform as well.

7. David says:

Love this. Very impressive image quality and it’s also a complete change in style for you. This is what I love when you find the right piece of gear, something that inspires and makes you look at things differently. Good for you Peter, I’m looking forward to seeing more of this.