The Beautiful Game in motion.

The Mamiya RZ67 is a large camera.

But it’s fairly nimble at field level.

The Beautiful Game in Motion

11 thoughts on “The Beautiful Game in motion.

1. Umberto Orsenigo, Milano (Italy) says:

Fantastic Peter,
    just like in the fifties shooting a boxing match at ringside with a Rolleiflex.
    I always stare at your medium format shots.
    Ciao.
    Umberto

2. Umberto Orsenigo, Milano (Italy) says:

I am not sure my english i correct: I meant stare with admiration.

3. bijansabet says:

Wow! Love this Peter.

-bijan

4. A.Hackauf says:

GRAND! Peter, you burst all limits! The M 67 is a studio MF SLR, designed to stand on a tripod and you run on the field with it….gooooaallll!!! 🙂

5. Thank you Umberto (I knew exactly what you meant – your English is just fine!), Bijan, and Andreas.

Andreas, the shutter delay on the RZ67 makes it less than ideal as a sports camera, but I must say it’s pretty good in every other way.

6. John R says:

haha, this is great! I have never tried any action with my RZ67! Great job on the focus, looks great!

7. John Giacobbe says:

Peter, how do you manage film…by that I mean, do you have it processed, then scan yourself? With negatives, I think that’s challenging, but maybe there is an easer way. Thanks.

• Hi John. With B&W I process and scan it myself. With colour I send it to Downtown Camera here in Toronto. They do a great job.

• John Giacobbe says:

Thanks. I’m wrestling with this myself. “The Darkroom” will develop & process for about $20/roll at the highest resolution. I think it’s a great service they provide, but I find it a bit expensive. I love developing my own B&W, but have not been happy with the dust I get on the scans. I live SE of Denver, CO and we have a lot of dust here to begin with.

Anyway, great photo. I have a 6 year old daughter and I’m always looking for a better way.

John

• It would be nice if more people re-embraced film and it ceased to be a niche pursuit. Economies of scale and competition would return and convenience and low prices would become a reality.

Nice to dream, isn’t it?… but we will have lost something special if film disappears.