C’s photo shoot, Part 5 of 5.

The final images from C’s Photo Shoot series.

(There are a few more that may be posted at a later time.)

(please click on the images to view)

↑Leica M9 and Leica 75mm Summilux @ f/1.4.

↑Leica M9 and Leica 35mm Summilux FLE @ f/1.4.

↑Leica M9 and Leica 35mm Summilux FLE @ f/1.4.

↑Leica M9 and Leica 35mm Summilux FLE @ f/1.4.

9 thoughts on “C’s photo shoot, Part 5 of 5.

1. Gage Caudell says:

Peter, really nice photo shoot. Not trying to take anything away from all the other shots but the picture from your first post, “3 generations” was my favorite (excellent composition and depth of field).

Thanks Gage!

I would agree that the “3 Generations” shot is definitely the most “artistic” one (that’s one reason I posted it first.. it resonates most with my visual sensibilities). Keep in mind, however, with paid portraiture there is a certain standard and expectation that needs to be met…

2. Jeroen says:

Wonderful shoot! Very well done. My personal favorites are also the more artistic images. Especially the first and second shoot are really nice caputered. However, the others are also beautiful and each picture shines on his own. Not to forget to mention that C. is an amazing model with a very attractive smile:-)!

Keep on the good work Peter!

Thanks Jeroen! It’s very kind of you to take the time and write such a supportive response… and yes, I would agree that C did a great job on her first photo shoot!

• Jeroen says:

My pleasure! Since I recently discovered your daily inspiration at Steve’s blog, I become a daily visitor of your inspiring photoblog. And I really enjoy watching your images and learn from it to see & compose subjects in different angles of attack. I also have the feeling that some day it will bring my skills to the next level. For example, your suggestion to only shot in the manual mode already learned me to think differently and I have the feeling that I have more control over the camera:-).

Last but certainly not least, to me this shoot demonstrates that you have talent both technically and in an artistic way. Please keep on sharing images to inspire all of your followers:-)!

Have a wonderful day!

Once again, thank you Jeroen. I’m happy to learn that I may have helped you with your photography… and yes, shooting fully in manual mode is the what I recommend. I hope to write about more recommendations in future posts, but my focus – as always – will be in capturing images.

• Jeroen says:

and a BIG thank you for taking the time to personally reply to my thoughts (and the comments of all other followers)!

3. Bishop says:

Ah, the 75mm comes out to play as well. ;^) Seriously, a great series of images which has taught me a bit about portrait photography as well. I too enjoyed the first image and the second one as well. Thanks for posting these!

Best — Bishop

Thanks Bishop… the first image was created with the 75/1.4 as well. I thought a 35/75 set-up would be the most versatile and, it turns out, that was the correct approach. The thing that surprised me however is how much more I used the 35/1.4.